- A Brief History of Yoga (Added: 24-Jun-1999)
- Ashtanga Yoga - Ashtanga Yoga is the
name given to the
system of hatha yoga
currently taught by Sri K.
Pattabhi Jois, a
scholar and yogi in
Mysore, South India.
- Bikram Yoga - Learn about Bikram yoga in a workshops designed to enhance your practice.
- Bikram Yoga in Seattle - Wonderful 3rd floor space in an old firehouse--perfect for doing heated Bikram Yoga. Bikram Certified Instructors with compassion. Come and drop-in anytime. Mary
- Bikram's Yoga College of India (Vancouver) - All Bikram yoga students agree that it helps them look and feel great, lose weight, and reduce stress. Physically, it is the perfect blend of strength, flexibility and balance. mentally, it trains the mind in five key ways: to have faith in one's self, gain self control, increase determination, improve concentration and build patience.
- DoYoga - It’s a mystery, exactly what happens inside when we
do hatha yoga. Most hatha yogis are pretty clear
about their practice, yet I think most would allow that
there is far more to be felt, known and understood.
It’s a mystery that begins with the attempt to define
what our practice is all about.
- Hatha Yoga - Indra Devi Foundation. As you know, Mataji Indra Devi is one of the persons who has more dealt with Yoga in the West. Born on May 12th 1899 in Riga, she lives today in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
She was the first woman to teach this discipline to the hindus themselves. She was friend of some important people of this century, like Krishnamurti, R. Tagore, J. Nehru, Mahatma Gandhi and Sai Baba and others.
When she arrived to Argentina, in 1982, she personally trained some collaborators to help her spreading Yoga's teachings among us; Iana and David Lifar were among them. With hard work , perseverance and much love, they succeeded to create the Indra Devi Foundation, in order to continue conveying Mataji's message through Yoga. The Indra Devi Foundation was created on March 1988, and today, with a ten years' existence, it is an Institute devoted to the Teaching of Yoga, belonging to the Buenos Aires' City General Direction of Private Management under the Number A1193. Its object is to promote, diffuse, stimulate, collaborate, participate and/or to take part in any other way in all sort of intelectual and educational initiatives, products, works and undertakings, about the Classic Yoga Science, in order to improve the physical, mental and spiritual development of the human being and all his faculties. As result of the natural study, experience and evolution taking place in the Foundation herself, new courses like Breathe Properly to Live Better, Dealing with Stress and Total Yoga join the classical options. Yoga is today an instrument available to the whole society, and we invite you to know us and practice it, in order to live a fuller, healthier and armonic life.
- HATHA YOGA - Swami Krishnananda tells us about the origins and effects of Hatha Yoga. He explains to us some of the benefits of the practice of this millenary discipline.
- HATHA YOGA - Hatha Yoga (This page includes Photographs of Yoga Asanas performed by Sadgurudev Vivekayuktananda)
Swami Krishnananda tells us about the origins and effects of Hatha Yoga. He explains to us some of the benefits of the practice of this millenary discipline. This page has a Link, which leads to 31 black and white photographs of different asanas, bhandas and mudras.
- hatha yoga lesson - this site is unique in that it utilizes quick load animations to teach many hatha yoga postures.
- Hatha Yoga: Path of the Body - Hatha Yoga is the path most well know in America. It became very popular
as an exercise and stress management system. Its spiritual aspects however
have not been as well known. It incorporates Asanas (postures), Pranayama
(regulated breathing), meditation (Dharana & Dhyana) and kundalini (Laya
Yoga) into a complete system that can be used to achieve enlightenment or
- Himalayan Yoga - hatha Yoga according to S.T. Krishnamacharya, including approach of Ayurveda, Astanga Yoga, Vinyasa, Iyengar Yoga and Viniyoga for therapeutic purposes.
- Iyengar Yoga Resources - Iyengar Yoga Resources is a comprehensive website for Iyengar yoga on the internet.
Features: directory of Iyengar yoga centers world-wide, a discussion forum, articles, books and videos and much more.
- What is Hatha Yoga? - The earliest records of hatha yoga date back over 5000 years; they were discovered in the
Indus valley in what is today called Pakistan. Over the Millennia yoga has been developed and
refined by Indian Sages who required a strong and healthy body to undertake prolonged
- What is Iyengar Yoga? - Through the teachings of the Foremost living Yogi in the world, B.K.S. Iyengar, your
practice of Hatha Yoga includes the science and art of asanas (physical movements),
Pranayama (breathing exercises) and Savasana (deep relaxation).
- What is Physical (Hatha) Yoga? (Added: 24-Jun-1999)
- Yoga Basics - Complete guide to Yoga - A complete guide to yoga, including history, philosophy and paths. 100 illustrated yoga postures, information on chakras, meditation, and pranayama. Free monthly newsletter and membership site with premium content.
- YOGA for ALL - offering individualized instruction; rather than instructor lead classes. Their program enables students to practice with a teacher who has taken the time to learn each student’s situation and objectives. The instruction offered is centered on the breath considering the evolving needs and goals of the student. At YOGA for ALL, the student plays a meaningful role in developing personalized tools for transformation.
School founded by Paul JJ Alix who teaches from the Viniyoga Methodology. Each session is designed for the student(s) present. Informative site with a nice online catalogue as well.
- A Birkam Yoga, Santa Clara - Located close to san jose, milpitas and sunnyvale areas
- Absolutely crazy Yoga-Page - YogaChola.de - YogaChola.de is full of photos of crazy Yoga-Asanas, practicing series (even Ashtanga’s fourth), Krya techniques, Mantra advices, Pranajama assist, Meditation tips, Yoga secrets, Bhandas, Mudras, Dhrishtis, … and thoughts of advanced Yoga-Philosophy.
- Yogi Arjuna offers a look in his personal Yoga-Practice.
- Absolutly crazy Yoga-Page - YogaChola.de - A Yoga-Page full of lots of crazy Asana-Pictures, Mantras, Yoga-Sequences (Even Ashtanga’s fourth), Pranayama-Techniques, Krya-Teachings, Yoga-Secrets like Bhandas, Mudras, Drhishtis, Vinyasas, … and thoughts about Yoga-Philosophy.
- ADEPT YOGA - a strong basic yoga combined with mind strengthening exercises and optimum nutrition.
- Ananda Yoga - In the tradition of Paramhansa Yogananda, Ananda Yoga is a perfect blend of spiritual upliftment and physical exhilaration.
- Being Yoga - Hatha Yoga and Raja in the nondual-unity tradition. Meditation, breathing exercises, asanas and information for well-being being-well.
- Brad's Iyengar Style Yoga Page - Notes on individual yogasanas and other general yoga information.
- Centro Yoga Bhadra Milano - Yoga classes for everyone in downtown Milan, Italy to improve your phisical health and spiritual growth.
In summertime special weeks all inclusive yoga courses in Tuscany (august 11-17 or August 18-24 ) in a beautiful countryside beetwen hills and Tirrenean sea. Three gourmet, macrobiotic meals every day inclusive. Six yoga hours a day (7 to 10 am and 5 to 8 pm) will be offered.Yoga classes will include gentle, restorative practices; vigorous, athletic practice, and instruction in pranayama and meditation.
- Come 4 Yoga - Come4Yoga offers alternative healing therapies classes, awareness courses for hatha yoga, reiki, meditation, yogasanas and exercises benefits in Chennai, India.
- Edith Vermeer Hatha-yoga - Dutch; Netherlands; Nederland; Den Haag; The Hague; Hatha yoga lessen
- Expanding Paradigms - Charles MacInerney offers classes and workshops on Hatha Yoga in Austin, Texas. His style is very gentle, emphasizing the breath and mind/body awareness, even when working hard. Classes end with a deep guided relaxation.
- Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga by Meghan Donnelly - Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga evening classes offered in South Tulsa, OK. Multi level classes for the beginner and advanced student.
- Hatha yoga - Thapoloka - A Centre for perfection of body and mind through Yoga Therapy. Practise Hathayoga, Rajayoga and Meditation to reach the Supreme Soul. In addition Sathsang, Group Meditation and Vedantha lectures are the specialities of Thapoloka. Courses on Teachers' Training are also conducted.
- Hatha Yoga in Austin, Texas - Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga classes in Austin, Texas. Fifty classes a week.
- hatha yoga lesson - this site contains over 75 original qick loading animations of yoga postures breathing techniques and stress poses
- hatha yoga lesson - This site contains over 75 quick loading animations of yoga postures, stress postures and breathing exercises. Its free artistic and very useful.
- Lotusland Yoga Center - Providing group classes in Ashtanga and Hatha yoga in Vancouver, British Columbia. Corporate Yoga, Yoga for Athletes and Private sessions also offered. Drop-ins welcome.
- Portsmouth Center for Yoga and the Arts - Portsmouth Center for Yoga and the Arts, Portsmouth, NH offers classes, student and teacher workshops, after-school enrichment programs, community and educational outreach and residencies. Jeanne Russell is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) and has been teaching yoga to adults and children since 1989. She is certified through the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Her gentle approach to teaching is aimed towards meeting the needs of each student, from beginner to experienced. You will be guided to be at a pace that is all your own, always respecting the needs of each moment.
- Radiant Yoga - Philosophy and poses presented to bring the wholeness of our being into daily living.
- Silver Lotus Yoga Institute - The style of yoga studied and practiced at Silver Lotus Yoga Institute is referred to as "Svadhyaya" and is based on the belief that the study and practice of yoga is a profound human response to our innermost, non-religious longing for deep connection with Higher Consciousness. Svadhyaya yoga evolved out of a deep concern for the social, interpersonal, intrapsychic and stress-related health problems facing contemporary society. Elements of contemporary Body/Mind psychology, as well as the Chakra system, developed in Tantrism (about 1000 c.e) are integrated into this style to fully address the diverse needs of people living in our complex, modern world.
- Stress Management Center of Nevada - SMCN offers Hatha Yoga, classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced students. SMCN offers Certified Yoga Teacher Training. The center has two serene classrooms and offers classes mornings,afternoons and evenings.
Kathleen Grace Santor, who has practiced and taught Hatha Yoga for over 25 years is the Director of SMCN. SMCN also offers a variety of stress reduction and personal growth classes.
- Synergy Yoga - The Synergy Yoga flow is a complete yoga flow that in addition to physical asana includes prayer, chanting,pranayam, visualization and meditation.
- Vajra Yoga with Jill Satterfield - Explores the connection between mind, body, and the subtle enegies by seemlessly blending the traditions of Hatha yoga and Buddhist meditation.